Parking at Boulder's Briar Rose B&B
We describe the parking in Boulder for our guests, both at the property and the most likely destinations: downtown, the University of Colorado at Boulder campus, and the Naropa University campuses.
The Briar Rose property has 2 parking lots offering a total of 7 parking spaces. In the rare event that these spaces are insufficient we have three parking passes that allow parking on the streets in the vicinity of our inn. These passes have a value of $75 so we require all guests to sign parking passes in and out with a staff member.
- Our main parking lot, located on the west side of 22nd Street has four parking spaces
- Our back parking lot accessible through the alley directly north of the Briar rose has three parking spaces
Parking on the streets surrounding the Briar Rose is regulated by the city of Boulder. Unless your vehicle displays one of our parking passes, parking on city streets in the vicinity of the Briar Rose has the following limitations:
- No parking is permitted on the west side of 22nd Street
- 2 hour parking once per day on the east side of 22nd Street
- Parking restrictions are in effect 8am-6pm Monday through Friday. Please be aware how strictly the city enforces the parking: the city writes over fifty parking tickets an hour to a population of about 100,000.
- Parking is permitted on both the north and south sides of Grove Sreet (the next block north of the Briar Rose)
University of Colorado Parking
Vistors to CU Boulder's campus may park at any of the parking meters or pay stations throughout campus.
- Meters cost $1.50 per hour
- The maximum time limit varies at different locations around campus and is displayed on each meter
- Meters accept coins and meter debit cards which can be purchased at the Parking &Transportation Services business office
- Blue parking meters are designated for the disabled
- Red parking meters are for service and delivery vehicles and cost $3.00 per hour. These meters are intended to ensure quick turnover and must be paid 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Parking Pay Stations
- Parking pay stations cost $1.50 per hour
- Visitors can pay using a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, and American Express) a meter debit card, or coins
- Garage parking is available every day from 7am -11:30pm at the Euclid AutoPark located between Broadway and 18th Street (east of the UMC)
- From 7am-5pm the rate is $1.75 per hour (up to three hours)
- After three hours the rate is $3.00 per hour
- An unlimited parking fee of $3.00 applies after 5pm, and all day Saturday and Sunday
Holiday parking at the University of Colorado is free unless otherwise posted.
Naropa University Parking
- Parking at Naropa University's Arapahoe campus requires a parking permit for all lots designated "A" lots.
- There are 4 free parking spaces labeled "visitor parking" at the Arapahoe campus
- Visitors may purchase single day parking permits from the Transportation Department located in the basement of the Lincoln building at a cost of $3.00 per day
- Parking is monitored from 7am-6pm on week days. Parking is not monitored on holidays or weekends
Nalanda and Paramita campuses
- Parking is free and unrestricted at the Nalanda and Paramita campuses
Parking in downtown Boulder is available at pay stations and metered street spaces, in city parking lots as well as in 5 public garages.
Pay station and metered street parking
- costs 25 ¢ for 12 minutes or, $1.25 per hour
- Parking is enforced Monday through Saturday from 9am-7pm
Public garage parking
- costs $1.25 per hour, and $2.50 after 4 hours
- Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays are free
The five city of Boulder parking garage locations are:
- 11th & Walnut at the Randolph Center
- 11th & Spruce
- 15th & Pearl
- 10th & Walnut at the St Julien Hotel
- 14th & Walnut at the RTD bus station
A city of Boulder parking lot is located downtown at Broadway and Spruce and has the same restrictions as pay station and metered street parking.