Check-In at Our Boulder Bed and Breakfast
Points To Cover With Guests
- Greet them, introduce yourself and make small talk to make them feel comfortable upon arrival.
- Ask for the credit card they’d like us to use and exchange with them that for the reservation card, pointing out that, although we do not need the license plate #, we do need a signature that says they understand they cannot smoke in the room.
- ALWAYS BE SURE TO SWIPE THE CREDIT CARD and AUTHORIZE IT before letting them go. When we do not have this, the credit card companies charge us HUGE amounts of money to process a payment!!
- Ask how many keys they want, if more than one person.
- Point out the wall of tea and the cookies, and ask if they’d like some while getting settled in. Also let them know that tea is only available until you leave at 9pm. They can help themselves to cookies anytime.
- Ask if they need help with luggage and show them to their room.
Points to Cover Once in Room
- I usually start off by saying that “I’ll give [them] my quick spiel, then let [them] get settled in.”
- Hand them their key and tell them the key will get them in to both their room, as well as into the front door of the house, which locks at 9pm. If they’re going out they should always take their key with them. Point out that the key is for the handle only – the deadbolt is for their use from the inside.
- Point out that there are no names or numbers on our room doors for security reasons, and say something like, “so remember, when you walk in the front door, you’re straight down at the very end of the hall” – or something specific that will stick in their mind (hopefully).
- Show them the plaque of info and specifically tell them that we do have someone that sleeps here on property, so should they have an emergency after hours, they can dial ext.22 from their room phone, or Gary’s number is on the plaque as well. Please physically point to the numbers on the plaque so they know where to quickly reference them when/if they need them.
- Point out WiFi code on plaque and/or let them know we have guest computers in the front hall for their use.
- Let them know that we do recycle and to please leave anything they think even might be recyclable outside the trash can on the floor beside it and we’ll take care of it.
- ALWAYS tell them what time breakfast will be served the following morning.
Room Specific Pointers
- In rooms 4 and 5 in the winter, make sure the fireplace flu is open (the control and indicator are on the front of the fireplace), tell them whether or not it is okay to burn a fire today, and if they are staying multiple days tell them they need to check in every day for bans or risk a large fine from the city.
- In rooms 4, 5, 6 and 8 show them the heater/AC unit and remote control and tell them how to use it!! (They must point the remote at the unit and they must hear a beep or else temp is not really changing).
- In room 8, show them how to open, shut, lock and unlock door to balcony.
- In rooms 1 and 3, point out that if they lock the deadbolt on one door and leave through the other, they will not be able to get back in through the door whose deadbolt was locked. Sounds like a no-brainer but it trips up a lot of people and they get frustrated!
- In rooms 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, show them the back parking lot.
Briar Rose, Boulder Bed and Breakfast
2151 Arapahoe Ave, Boulder, Colorado 80302
(303) 442-3007 | Toll-free: (888) 786-8440
| Fax: (303) 786-8440
Email: email@example.com | Website: www.BriarRoseBB.com