Home | Recipes
Previous Recipe | Next Recipe
Greek Scrambled Eggs
Makes two servings. Serve with olive tapenade and/or salsa verde.
- 3 eggs, stirred
- 1 t sesame seeds
- A handful of washed spinach, coarsely chopped (or baby spinach)
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 T half-and-half cream
- Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Black pepper
- Beat the eggs with a little half & half (1 tsp to 1 tbsp - this helps keep them moist) and the feta.
- Toast the sesame seeds for a few minutes in a dry pan, making sure they don’t burn.
- Add a splash (a tablespoon or two) of olive oil to the pan, and add the garlic. The oil will also be the lubricant for the eggs, so don’t be skimpy.
- After 30 seconds to 1 minute, add the spinach leaves, and toss them until they begin to wilt. Note that if you cook them until they get soft they will tend to just form a little lump and lose all of their texture.
- Add the eggs, and scramble until they are as done as you desire. Please note particular attention is required when cooking eggs with olive oil (instead of butter) to avoid the eggs sticking.