Home | Recipes
Previous Recipe | Next Recipe
Olive Tapenade Recipe
- 6 oz Black olives drained weight, chopped (choose a kind to your taste - kalamata are nice if you like a strong flavor)
- 4 - 6 oz Green olives drained weight, chopped, to taste
- 1 - 2 oz capers (dry weight), to taste, drained (Start with 1 oz.)
- ¼ cup or more Sun-dried tomatoes(to taste, and depending on how salty they are)
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 - ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch thyme
- Pinch of dill weed - optional
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Pour boiling water on the sun-dried tomatoes, just enough to cover. Soak them for 20-30 minutes until they soften.
- Remove and chop the sun-dried tomatos. (The remaining broth can be used in soup or tomato sauce, but be careful if the tomatoes were heavily salted.)
- Blend all ingredients. A somewhat coarse texture is nice.
- Add olive oil if the mixture seems too dry, or if you have some great olive oil.
- The ingredients can be salty so be aware.