Home | Recipes
Previous Recipe | Next Recipe
Organic Granola Recipe
Combine organic ingredients in large bowl:
- 10 cups (43oz) of oats (thick, not quick, aka 'Old Fashioned')
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (uncooked)
- 1 ½ cups cashews
- 1 ½ cups walnut or pecan pieces (each if you like nuts)
- ½ cup sesame seeds
Blend together: whisk until dispersed
- 1 ¼ cup cooking oil (we recommend organic canola)
- 1 ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup + 2T. water
- 1T vanilla
Add to organic granola after baking:
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries (if desired)
- Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients and mix until completely coated.
- Spread mixture on 3 greased baking sheets (about ½ inch thick layer)
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Bake for 15 min. Remove from oven, stir browned granola at
edges to the center and push uncooked granola in the center to the
edges and reform even layers for uniform baking.
- Bake 10 min, stir and reform.
- Continue the bake and stir process until it is browned to your
liking. You can shorten the time you allow it to bake to be as
short as 2-4 minutes (it begins to brown fast!).
- Remove from oven and let cool. After cooling, add raisins and/or
cranberries and store in an airtight container.