Home | Recipes
Previous Recipe | Next Recipe
Salsa Verde Recipe, Italian Salsa Verde
This Salsa Verde is a nouveau Italian Salsa Verde where lemon is substituted for the traditional vinegar and walnuts for anchovies. It is adapted from Deborah Madison's recipe of the same name in her "The Savory Way".
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, washed and stemmed (Some stems are OK.)
- Juice of 1 lemon (the zest can be nice, too)
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 - 2 ounces capers (dry weight), drained (Start with 1 oz.)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Roughly 10 basil leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried) - optional
- Pinch of dill weed - optional
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until just blended. A slightly coarse texture is nice.
- Add olive oil as needed to get the desired texture, which is thick, but not chunky.