Home | Recipes
Previous Recipe | Next Recipe
Shortbread Butter Cookies
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Temp: 325 F
- 2 c butter
- 1 c powdered sugar
- Pinch salt
- 3 ½ c flour, sifted
- Jam for tops
- Cream butter, sugar and salt together.
- Add flour, one cup at a time and mix well after each addition. There is enough flour when you can just ball up the dough without it sticking to you. More or less flour may be used to achieve desired consistency.
- Shape into small balls and place on cookie sheet, well placed. Press down each ball to form circles.
- Make small indentation with finger and fill with jam.
- Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes. Be sure to check them every 8 minutes or so and rotate the pans in order to cook them evenly.