Home | Recipes
Previous Recipe | Next Recipe
Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
Cook time: 1 hour
Temp: 350 F
- ¼c sugar
- 3 T dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ c walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 t vanilla
- ½ t cinnamon
- 2 c flour
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t fine salt
- ½ t nutmeg
- ½ t allspice
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 ½t vanilla
- Mix first 5 ingredients together and set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and allspice together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Mix vanilla and sour cream in another bowl.
- Divide the flour mixture into 3 parts.
- Divide the sour cream in 2 parts
- Combine the first part of the flour mixture with the butter mixture.
- Add the first part of the sour cream and mix lightly.
- Add the flour and sour cream portions alternately until all are
- Spread batter into greased pans about 1/3 full and sprinkle on
about ½ of the struesel mixture.
- Fill with rest of the batter, and sprinkle the rest of the
struesel on top.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.