Frequently Asked Questions
With a spirit of inclusivity, Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast is pleased to provide LGBTQ+ and family-friendly lodging in a peaceful and welcoming atmosphere. Our Boulder, Colorado accommodations are conveniently located with walking distance of shopping on Pearl Street, a variety of restaurants, and the campuses of Naropa University and the University of Colorado Boulder. For more information regarding your upcoming stay, please see answers to FAQs below. If you have additional questions that are not addressed here, please feel free to contact us at the inn.
We honor gift cards and gift certificates from the following issuers:
- Ourselves, aka “house gift certificates”
In order to redeem a gift certificate, make a reservation at the inn. At the time of reservation, it is recommended that guests ask the inn to verify the gift certificate is valid. At time of check-out, present the gift certificate. Redemptions are subject to our policies given below.
House Gift Certificates
We also sell house gift certificates. We issue four types of House Gift Certificates:
- STATED VALUE Gift Certificate. The purchaser simply puts a dollar amount on the gift certificate for use by the gift certificate recipient at the inn.
- STATED ROOM NIGHTS Gift Certificate. This gift certificate is good for a stated number of nights but is limited to certain rooms. The gift certificate can be redeemed for stays in those rooms (and rooms that carry equal or lower rates).
- ANY ROOM Gift Certificate. This gift certificate is good for any room in the inn for a stated number of nights.
- CANCELLATION Gift Certificate. These are “stated value” gift certificates issued in conjunction with a cancellation. See below.
Gift Certificate Policies
- A credit card must be provided when making a reservation even though the guest wishes to redeem a gift certificate. The reservation is subject to our cancellation policy. See below. At time of check-out the guest should present the gift certificate for redemption.
- Unless stated otherwise, gift certificates do not expire.
- BLACKOUT DATES: The inn has no blackout dates and accepts gift certificates for any stay.
- Unless stated otherwise, our house gift certificates are transferable.
- There is no sales tax charged on gift certificate purchases. However, there is accommodations tax of 10.05% charged on redemptions of gift certificates. Purchasers should consider this when determining the value they wish to place on a “stated value” gift certificate for the benefit of a recipient.
- CASH VALUE: Gift certificates have no cash value and are not refundable.
- There are no fees incurred when purchasing or redeeming a gift certificate. We mail the gift certificates free of charge. There is a 5% processing fee when the inn opts to issue a gift certificate as a courtesy to the guest when the guest is being charged for a cancellation under the cancellation policy.
Our standard cancellation policy states that you have up until 5pm (Mountain Time) five days prior to your arrival date to cancel or shorten your stay without penalty. Cancelling or shortening your stay within five days of arrival will result in your being held responsible for the entire stay, unless we are able to re-rent the room to another party. If you do not show up for your reservation and do not call us to cancel (i.e., no-show), the room will continue to be held for the time it has been reserved and your credit card will be charged in full, no exceptions. Gift certificates may be issued for cancellations due to extenuating circumstances (excluding no-shows). Please note that special cancellation policies may apply at different times of the year. Please ask us if you are uncertain.
Guests who stay fewer nights than reserved are subject to the cancellation policy for those nights. In other words, if you wish to drop nights from your reservation, this must be done 5 days or more prior to the arrival date for the reservation to avoid penalty.
Smoking is permitted outside, never in guest or public rooms.
Check-in is 3–9 pm. Check-out is 7–11 am. We will always do our best to accommodate requests for earlier check-in or later check-out, so please let us know in advance.
$25 will be charged per night for each additional guest 6 years of age and older, staying in the same room.
Cash, personal and travelers checks, Visa, Master Card, and American Express are accepted.
Minimum-stay requirements and deposits may apply for special occasions such as Graduation, Parents Weekend, Bolder Boulder, CU football games, etc. Please call to make your reservation in advance as we may not show special occasion rooms through our Internet booking engine.
We regret that we cannot allow pets. We love animals, but many people have allergies. Service animals permitted.
We welcome well-behaved, well-supervised children traveling with their parents. No charge is made for children five years of age or younger.
Meetings and Receptions
Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast hosts small meetings and receptions. We welcome professional caterers of your event.
We consider the privacy of our guests a serious responsibility. This policy declares how we will use and treat information we collect from and about you. This policy is an agreement that is legally binding. By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of information by us as specified below.
We commit with all sincerity to:
- never sell your information;
- never use your information to market our lodging to you for future stays without requiring your “opt in” and permitting your “opt out.” To date, we have never performed such marketing;
- only collect the minimum of information as is customarily necessary to provide lodging;
- only share information about you when (a) required by law or (b) required by situations that demand immediate action that are to your clear benefit (i.e., “emergencies”).
Please be aware:
- that you may book our lodging without using this website and if you do so you are only protected by the privacy policies of those companies providing the booking service;
- that changes to this policy will only be posted here on this privacy-policy webpage (we do not wish to invade your privacy by sending you emails about changes to the policy).
Use of Web Site
You may view and use the Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast website without disclosing any personal information. However, anonymous statistics about visits to the site and to individual pages are tracked for the purposes of better understanding our potential clientele and continually improving our service to them. This tracking of statistics may involve the use of “cookie” technology.
If you wish to reserve accommodation we will collect the personal information necessary to handle your booking. This information normally includes:
- Mailing address
- Telephone number(s)
- E-mail address
- Credit card information
- Information related to any need you may have for special services
We use your personal information only to communicate with you about your reservation, to process your payments, to make arrangements for your comfort and convenience while you are our guest, and to advise you about personal items you may inadvertently leave during your stay.
Retention and Safety of Your Information
Business records that contain your personal information (for example, room sales) are held for the period required by statute–during which period we will not delete your information. We keep your information in a computerized property management system. We take appropriate technical and physical measures to protect the personal data that we collect from unauthorized access or modification, improper use or disclosure, and loss or unlawful destruction. Our property management system use and storage of credit card information is certified to comply with PA-DSS supervised by the Visa Inc. program known as the Payment Application Best Practices (PABP). PA-DSS prescribes secure payment applications that do not store prohibited data, such as full magnetic stripe, CVV2 or PIN data, and ensure their payment applications support compliance with the PCI DSS.
In order to continue to serve you on future stays, we will retain your information after the statutory period. After the statutory period expires, you may request that we delete your information and we will promptly do so.
This policy was released on April 10, 2010 and has not been updated. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us.