Organic Loose-Leaf Tea
As tea lovers, we decided from the beginning to offer a wide variety of fine, organic, loose-leaf teas. We have more than thirty varieties of teas and herbals. Our selection varies slightly based on availability and whim, but a very typical list is provided below.
Organic Fair-Trade Coffee
Given the high quality of our tea selection, we realized we wanted to up our coffee game. We consulted with a wonderful local Fair-Trade roaster, Conscious Coffee. They met with us, we sampled different varieties and blends, and with their help crafted our own blend. We grind the beans fresh for each pot and use a high-quality drip system to bring out the nuances of this delicious blend. We recently got rave reviews from guests who own multiple coffee houses in a nearby city. We are happy to brew an individual pot of French press for those wanting a muddier, full-bodied cup. This is about the freshest coffee available: we place our order Monday, then they roast it over the next two days, and deliver it to us on Thursday! Coffee this fresh is truly rare, and wonderful!
A Typical Briar Rose Tea Menu
- Sencha Kaze: A fine Japanese green tea. Fresh, grassy, with subtle notes of camellia flowers.
- Genmai Matcha: A popular Japanese green tea with toasted rice kernels for a roasted flavor.
- Houjicha: This green tea has a nutty, roasted, and robust taste.
- Kukicha: A green tea with low caffeine and a mildly nutty and slightly sweet flavor.
- Jasmine Pearls: A light green tea with the scent of Jasmine blossoms.
- Golden Assam: Golden buds make a light yet rich, malty character.
- Ceylon: A fruity tea with notes of cane sugar and raisin flavors.
- Ceylon Lemon: Our blend of lemon balm, lemongrass, and a hint of ginger with the classic Ceylon.
- Darjeeling: A pungent flavor that especially complements sweets.
- English Breakfast: The refreshing British classic black tea blend.
- Irish Breakfast: Similar to English breakfast but with a more robust and malty flavor.
- Earl Grey: A medium bodied and slight dry black tea with orange notes.
- Chai: Classic Indian chai. Assam spiced with ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, & pepper.
- Lapsang Souchang: A smoked tea from China, reminiscent of a campfire, with light malty flavor.
- Pu-erh: Earth, rich, and smooth with an aroma of autumn leaves, tastes almost malty.
- Silver Needle: A very light sweet flavor and rich savory finish.
- Peach Blossom: Infused with juicy peach, tangerine, and aromatic blossom notes.
- Rose Mélange: An intoxicating floral aroma with notes of peppermint and lavender.
- Bao Zhong: A light oolong with hint of floral flavors of lilac and lily.
- Ruby: Complex flavor with tasty notes of cocoa, raisins, and black cherry
- Tropical Coconut: The floral taste of Bao Zhong paired with real pineapple and creamy coconut.
- Golden Chamomile: A relaxing floral tea with scent reminiscent of honey and fruit.
- Licorice Root: A light sweet tea that tastes great for the whole family and even eases coughs.
- Ginger: A sweet and zesty tea to warm you from the inside. Also great for upset tummies.
- Peppermint: Distinctive minty flavor and heady aroma, soothes the body and digestive system.
- Rooibos: A sweet and nutty African favorite also known as Red Tea.
- Rosehips: A light tea with a mildly tart flavor has vitamins C, A, & B complex, so it’s nutritious too.
- Scarlet: A deep rooibos infusion with fruity notes of blueberry and cherry.
- Red Berries: A refreshing blend of naturally sweet berries. Great hot or iced.
- Chamomile Lavender: Our most calming blend.
- Yerba Maté*: A bittersweet, earthy tea with nuances of olive leaf and eucalyptus. *Contains caffeine
Briar Rose Signature Blends
- Briar Rose Red: A sweet, fruity mixture of hibiscus, rosehips, peppermint, licorice and rooibos.
- Body Balance Blend: This healing tea is a blend of raspberry leaf, nettles, and hibiscus.
- Yummy Tummy: Ginger and peppermint to aid in digestion/settle upset tummies.
- Lemon Ginger: A light refreshing blend of lemongrass, licorice, and ginger.
- Unity: A spicy blend of ginger, lemongrass, licorice, cardamom, peppermint, and pepper.
- Hot Chocolate: Traditional sweetened cocoa, made with your choice of milk (2%, almond, or soy).